Thursday 20 November 2014

Focus of my thriller and looking at suspence film - The sixth sence

I have thought about ideas on what i want my thriller opening to be about/contain.I feel i am going to focus on the suspense aspect of the genre to keep audience engaged and on the edge of there seat throughout.

Helping me to understand how I will capture suspense I have looked at the film The Sixth Sense to get an idea of what they do to create this atmosphere.

The film is a supernatural thriller film written and directed by M. Night Shyamalan. The film tells the story of Cole Sear a troubled, isolated boy who is able to see and talk to the dead, and an equally troubled child psychologist  who tries to help him. The film stars Bruce Willis, made in 1999.

 The film captures the use of suspense by music that crescendos but also the use of non digetic sounds to make the viewer wonder what the noise is or what making the sound round the corner.I will try to use the ideas of creating my own music to impact suspense.


                                        Here is the trailer for the film take from youtube.com


No comments:

Post a Comment